Working for Wiltshire - All Year Round
Published on Wednesday 13th November 2013
While people working in the public sector are tightening their belts and facing hard times top councillors at Wiltshire Council are getting a big pay rise.
Councillor Jane Scott, the Conservative leader of Wiltshire Council, today saw the Council approve a £14,892 pay rise for her.
Published on Monday 13th May 2013
The annoucement today of a massive round of redundancies totalling £4m per year in salary costs at Wiltshire Council has been blasted by Lib Dem leader Jon Hubbard.
"Not once was this mentioned by the Conservatives during the election period, " Jon commented.
Published on Friday 10th May 2013
Liberal Democrats today expressed shock and outrage as it was announced that promised revenue funding to supporting continuing essential programmes for young people was being withdrawn.
In February the Conservative administration in County Hall announced that Area Boards in Wiltshire would only be allowed to fund capital projects in the following year.
Published on Thursday 6th December 2012
Plans by Conservative Wiltshire Council could see thousands of the poorest people in Wiltshire bearing the brunt of government changes to council tax benefits Changes being introduced by the coalition government will see a reduction of £3.5m in the total council tax benefits paid to Wiltshire Council.
Published on Friday 19th October 2012
Liberal Democrats in Government have annouced massive investments in Wiltshire this week, with investments in Porton Down and Dyson in Malmsbury.
This is part of the third round of investment of £1.
Published on Thursday 18th October 2012
Warminster Police Neighbourhood Tasking group chair Paul Batchelor has been chosen by Swindon and Wiltshire Liberal Democrats to be their Police and Crime Commissioner candidate for the upcoming Police and Crime Commissioner election on Thursday 15th November.
Paul Batchelor was selected after an overwhelming ballot of Liberal Democrat members supported him to be Wiltshire first Police and Crime Commissioner.
- Liberal Democrats call for pernament return of 1 hour free parking
- Twenty is Plenty where People live says Lib Dems
- Conservatives told to do Core Strategy consultation “properly”
- Calls to Save Wiltshire Mind
- Cllr Jon Hubbard speech on Core Strategy, 26th June
- Conservative changes means development risk for Wiltshire’s communities
- Council refuses to ban secret political meetings before planning decisions
- Another victim of Wiltshire Conservative parking policy
- Another Lib Dem win in Wiltshire
- Conservatives vote to hide their actions